Date(s) - 22/11/2021
Lantra Awards Technical Award in Abrasive Wheels (Bench Mounted/Hand Held Electrical/Hand Held Engine Driven)
- Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes.
- Identify and understand requirements and responsibilities under the current legislation.
- Understand the characteristics of abrasive and their action.
- Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels.
- Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasive wheels and carry out visual check and ring tests (bench grinders).
- Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection.
- Identify main components and understand their functions.
- Mount an abrasive wheel and /or a diamond blade.
- Understand the difference between truing and dressing a wheel, undertake dressing a wheel and identify dressers (bench grinders).
- Adjust work rests correctly (bench grinders).
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions.
- Demonstrate their knowledge on abrasive wheels and diamond blades.
- Carry out daily maintenance on petrol powered machines.
Interested in this course click [button link=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” style=”info” color=”green”]click HERE[/button]