Date(s) - 27/04/2020 - 28/04/2020
Shellow Cross Farm
Due to the current Covid-19 situation this course has been postponed.
After completing this Lantra course, you will be able to:
- Identify the necessary personal protective equipment required, report on its condition and locate the various standard marks
- Identify required safety and health features on a chainsaw
- Prepare the chainsaw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and chain lubrication
- Start the chainsaw from both cold and hot in a safe manner
- Carry out pre-cutting safety tests and state the procedures if the chainsaw fails these tests
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required
- Identify faults and defects on a chainsaw and cutting equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Select and identify correct tools to enable maintenance to be carried out and report on their serviceability
- Carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction book and/or the Lantra Awards workbook
- Cross-cut timber accurately to required lengths
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar
- Handle and stack timber in a safe manner.
Bookings are closed for this event.